Featured Post

Black Reconstruction by W. E. B. Du Bois

My first post here is of course a Goodreads review, but one of my favorite and the only one that won't show-up on the book's entry p...

Monday, August 10, 2020

My Goodreads review of The Promised Neverland, Vol. 16: Lost Boy

I believe this is my first manga review posted to this blog. I plan to write more about my relationship with anime, but I had to talk about this title because it is one of my favorites. A long fan of anime, I am a relatively new fan to manga (only since 2015 really).

The Promised Neverland, Vol. 16: Lost BoyThe Promised Neverland, Vol. 16: Lost Boy by Kaiu Shirai
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The Japanese-run of The Promised Neverland has come to an end and the final volume of the Japanese manga will be published around October. Since I'm reading the English language translation, I still have to wait until next year to see this story through. I know it is very foreign to people who read Western comic books that a title can have a proper ending to it and not a rushed-cancellation.

This volume sees at least three or four storylines going at the same time and each beginning to converge though it does not look like any ending will be smooth. In typical shonen style, our heroes just want peace, but this universe of Kaiu Shirai is not going to let that happen with any ease. Even when they are winning you still feel like these kids is screwed. I can't wait for the next volume. This title is going to be in my top reads of 2020 for sure.

It's crazy to think as long as I have been watching anime this and Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba are my favorite Weekly Shōnen Jump titles I've ever watched/read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment