Featured Post

Black Reconstruction by W. E. B. Du Bois

My first post here is of course a Goodreads review, but one of my favorite and the only one that won't show-up on the book's entry p...

Friday, July 10, 2020

My Top 5 Movies

View this post on Instagram

These are my top 5 favorite films. These films represent in different ways my ideas or have affected my understanding of art. • • The films, not ranked in any order favorite (left to right; top to bottom): A Touch of Zen (1971); Seven Samurai (1954); Stalker (1979); The Godfather (1970); Medicine for Melancholy (2008). I've made this kind of posts before, but now I have physical copies of all the films. I also recently found a site called @letterboxd that is a sort-of Goodreads with movies—it is ok, but one does not get the full features of a Goodreads unless you pay for the "premium" features. Fortunately, I'm only in my early stages of using it and don't yet require anything beyond the free features of it since I'm still new to the site. Here is my post of this list: https://embed.letterboxd.com/ken_74/list/my-top-5-films/detail/ #top5 #movies #movie #film #cinema #moviecollection #atouchofzen #sevensamurai #stalker1979 #thegodfather #medicineformelancholy #kinghu #akirakurosawa #andreitarkovsky #francesfordcoppola #barryjenkins #pelicula #peliculas #criterioncollection #janusfilms #cinephile #cinephilenoir

A post shared by Ken's Bookshelf & Movieshelf (@kenbookshelf) on

1 comment:

  1. I didn't want to go too long without talking about movies on here. I feel that a good movie is as good as a good novel. I have loved movies as entertainment longer than I have loved books, so naturally when I did start to regard movies as art I eventually came to a top 5.

    ReplyDelete