Featured Post

Black Reconstruction by W. E. B. Du Bois

My first post here is of course a Goodreads review, but one of my favorite and the only one that won't show-up on the book's entry p...

Tuesday, July 14, 2020

My Review of Brae New World by Aldous Huxley

I wrote this LONG ago in a time called 2011, my whole way of reading books and understanding them was different and much more limited, but I'll share this anyway for the hell of it.

Brave New World (CBS Radio Workshop Broadcast)Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've always thought of Brave New World as the most "honest dystopian novel". As much as people fear George Orwell's 1984 as somehow being even possible, It always seem to me this Huxleian tale of a dark future had a much better chance of happening and in fact we seem to always be marching just a little bit closer to A.F. time (After Ford) so I think this novel should be studied by everyone as to what to guard against. It won't be the taking away of freedoms that will end Democracy but the saturation and neglect of it by materialism.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment