Featured Post

Black Reconstruction by W. E. B. Du Bois

My first post here is of course a Goodreads review, but one of my favorite and the only one that won't show-up on the book's entry p...

Saturday, October 31, 2020

My Goodreads Review of Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vol. 17: Successors by Koyoharu Gotouge

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vol. 17: SuccessorsDemon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Vol. 17: Successors by Koyoharu Gotouge
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Happy Halloween folks!! (To think that the actual scariest day of this year is actual three days from now.)

No better book to read on this day than one of the best horror manga of the new century. We are in the middle of the final battle and as usual no easy victories are allowed to come here. We lead this volume off with a devastating lost for the demon slayers, but we don't linger on it for to long because we are actually visiting multiple fronts of the battle and getting in more back-story on the different participants. Zenitsu (my least favorite of the protagonists) shows off a new weapon and we get some more of Tanjuro's history with his father. The pacing of this manga is definitely a "writing for the trades" situation so I it is obvious this battle won't be over know time soon and this volume is just a segment of the story with no beginning or conclusion. Because I came to this manga from the beautifully-made anime, Gotouge's art will always feel off to me though he is the one who created all these characters. Can't wait to read the next volume.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment